This post will be updated regularly. So please drop by as often as you can or – even better – check out each time you receive a new contact / accommodation request by a belodged.com member.
(last changes 8th of May)
This small ‘safety guideline’ for hosts and visitors has been made with the aid and input of lots of our members. How to be a ‘kind a pleasant guest or a great host’ can be soon read here…Please be welcome to comment this article at any time. We would even expect you to come forward with your own proposals and to share voluntarily your ideas, thoughts and hints with the rest of the community. The members will appreciate it!
- DO NOT write your personal information like real name, e-mail address, phone number etc. in your user profile. Please inform us if some other user did so.
- DO NOT answer e-mails asking you for your user name and /or password. We – the operators of belodged.com – will never ask you for this kind of information except for the login to the website.
- DO NOT use the same password on belodged.com as you use elsewhere (like e-mail etc.)
- Concerning contact requests please use the anonymous messaging service within the member area of belodged.com only
- DO NOT provide any personal information (name, telephone, email etc.) at very first message or lodging request.
- Check out the other person’s profile. Is this person really trustworthy?
- Check out the profile again. Is this person maybe listed on the Blacklist? If yes, inform the belodged.com team.
- Please check the member’s guest-book! Missing guest book entries may not necessarily be a bad sign, but if there are some entries – are they ok to you?
- If you prefer to use e-mail instead of the internal anonymous messaging service to get to know to each other more personally, then just feel free to do so. You are not obliged to use the anonymous messaging system at all times. We only recommend to give e-mail addresses first before exchanging all required information that is inevitable to get together for accommodation in a second step.
- Follow the safety guide lines:
- Note: as already explained a number of times before – belodged.com aims to be a nice and social service for everybody, with many nice and cool characteristics. But it still remains an adventure, too.
Last but not least – we are happy about every feedback and suggestion ;o)
Take also a look at the general statement in our article Hospitality networks – safety for using accommodation.